1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Emmitt Smith is committing capital murder on the English language

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Nov 13, 2007.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Shannon kind of sounds like Don King -- if Don King had a tranq dart in his neck.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

If you've ever been to one of Goose's sports bars in north Jersey, you would think that you were walking into a Drakkar factory.

3. IU90

IU90 Member

Sorry, but booth analyst Emmett Smith has nothing on sideline reporter Eric Dickerson and studio analyst Tim Hardaway.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Captain, don't forget, Schlereth is practing his lines as Rock Hoover on "The Guiding Light." He's only moonlighting on ESPN.

I caught something on Dan Patrick's show I think this morning or yesterday when he questioned whether or not ESPN is cultivating or teaching guys like Smith, (formerly) Irvin, and Dee Brown how to be better analysts, rather than sit there and make complete of themselves.

5. Dignan

Dignan Guest

A couple weeks ago Emmitt said the Patriots had an "era of invincibility." He said it twice.

6. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

And this differs from ESPN's other ex-jock analysts how, exactly?

* There are a few exceptions, Steve Young being one of them.

7. Jims242

Jims242 Member

Nice play.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I'd rather have Schlereth than Trey Wingo.

There's a great YouTube video of Salisbury getting in a war of words with a bunch of egghead fans at Super Bowl XL. At one point, Salisbury brags that he was a (part-time) starting quarterback in the league while his critics were eating pizza.

I don't know where Sterling Sharpe went, but he was the only of the network's former-player analysts worth a shit.

I can see Warren Sapp working for ESPN within the next three years.

9. Sterling Sharpe works for the NFL Network.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

OK but only if he's on the same set as Keyshawn. I'd pay money to see those two insufferable jackasses tear each other's heads off.

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I wanna see these guys on College Basketball Gameday.

Draft saved Draft deleted