1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Embarrassing

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Comma Chameleon, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I never called a coach, coach unless I didn't know their name, which was rarely, or if they were a high school coach who was like, 201 years old, which happened from time to time.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That's one guy who needs to GET A FUCKING HAIRCUT.

4. StevieNicks

StevieNicks Member

Yeah, but you're the same guy who interviews Jeter and refers to him as Captain, oh Captain, correct? ;)

5. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

Baton Rouge is about 220K, but the metro area is close to 800K, especially after Katrina. That's not at least medium market?

6. chilidog75

chilidog75 Member

The first college football game I covered was an FSU game back in the late 1990s. I had just graduated. I was 22 years old.

There was NO WAY IN HELL I was going to stand up at the postgame presser and say, "Yeah, Bobby, could you talk about that fourth-down call in the third quarter?"

I called him "Coach." I apologize for being such a fan-boi loser - and for all of the other douches in the press conference who apparently didn't feel the need to address him by his name either - but I just didn't feel comfortable calling him "Bobby."

I guess I should be ashamed for embarassing the profession.

7. dargan

dargan Active Member

Kinda like great football and greater-looking women?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No... more like this

[​IMG]

9. dargan

dargan Active Member

I was waiting for that ...

10. StevieNicks

StevieNicks Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Brilliant. I especially like the lungs.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Sorry, but this doesn't even begin to rate on the foof scale with the TV news types in NY. I thought Penny Crone was going to tear her facelift the last time the Yanks won the Series, going so far as to wear a Yankees cap and speaking of 'we' and 'us' when referring to the team.

In related news, I really really really enjoy how TV sports talking heads address league commisisoners by their title instead of their name, as if they were speaking with a head of state. Jerkholes.

Draft saved Draft deleted