1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elizabeth Hasselbeck's tearful apology to Erin Andrews

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oggiedoggie, May 5, 2010.

1. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Crossthreading: This is one reason why ABC's hypocrisy on the Lane Bryant ad was so blatant. Look at some of the DWTS costumes, on a show that airs during the height of prime time.

And I call bullshit on Hasselbeck getting the idea for the apology from her 5-year-old, too.

2. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Are any of those outfits featured here:

http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/photo-details/erin-andrews/433954

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Sonner:

So in your mind it is completely kosher for every other lady to wear outfits which are sexy, yet completely appropriate for a dancing competition.

But it is wrong for Erin Andrews to wear the same outfits... because she was the victim of a crime? That makes no sense to me, whatsoever.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I call bullshit too. But I'm pretty sure the 5-year-old was the smartest person in the room when that conversation took place.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

This is Hasselbeck's shtick, isn't it? The poorly considered or ill-informed comment, then the next episode's tearful apology?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

When has she apologized before? I'm not saying it's never happened, but I can't think of one.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/18/elisabeth-hasselbeck-asks_n_396912.html

http://defamer.gawker.com/5102039/elisabeth-hasselbeck-attempts-to-sneak-in-rare-apology-before-commercial

The crying is what she's most famous for. She cries all the time.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Even your own headline says "rare apology"

Yes, she does cry a lot.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

That was the first one.

Since then, three tearful apologies on network television in 2 years?

Seems like a lot.

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

She's on a daily talk show on which many topics are discussed. It's also a show that, while it's gotten better about this, often features other panelists yelling at Hasselbeck because they disagree with her political beliefs.

Based on that, I'm surprised she hasn't felt compelled to "apologize" more.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

This

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Come on. It wasn't just "a crime." It's not like someone stole her car. Someone invaded her privacy and filmed her nude. Then she says the guy should spend the rest of his life in jail. (A bit much, I think, but whatever. She's entitled to her opinion.). Then, she goes on DWTS and wears outfits that leave little to the imagination. I just think that's a bit strange. That's all. Honestly, I think she's an idiot for even doing the show this soon after the incident, but hey, whatever floats her boat, I guess.

Draft saved Draft deleted