1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eliot. You (ahem) Loaded The Gun

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Mar 21, 2008.

1. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/21/nyregion/21justice.html?ex=1363838400&en=24d046a30bc7570d&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

This DOJ?
    Really?
    I'm stunned.

2. To me, this is the key graf in the story:

3. Indeed, Mr. Whale.
    That sort of leaped out at me, too.

4. Of course, this is even more interesting.
    http://www.miamiherald.com/548/v-print/story/465982.html

Ratfucking involving actual fucking.
    Who knew?

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The moral of the story: if you are a righteous, mean-spirited, combative, political bastard, don't visit high-priced call girls and leave a trail behind.

6. Especially where career GOP dirty-tricks artists can find them and hand them over to an unprecedentedly corrupt DOJ.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

*nod* It is sad when those dirty-tricks artists snare sweet little choirboys and bloody up their starched white shirts.

8. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Don't worry about Spitzer. I'm sure Shrub will decide that he's suffered enough and commute his sentence.

What? He doesn't do that for Democrats?

9. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I was going to say that I'm against all this intrusive crap, but if you don't do anything wrong then you don't have anything to worry about.

But Ragu said it way better.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Did "career GOP dirty-tricks artists" force Spitzer at gunpoint to call the hooker, meet her at the hotel and pay her?

11. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Gawd... I don't think anyone here defends his actions...

12. I didn't.
    But if the notion of the FBI taking tips from career ratfuckers like Roger Stone, who sent threatening letters to Spitzer's father, and who went on a talk-show in Philly long before anything happened and predicted that Spitzer wouldn't serve out his first term, and then creating a prostitution sting unprecedented in its scope (see the NYT piece, and the lack of FBI involvement in the DC Madam case), doesn't make you a little wary about how these people do law enforcement, you haven't been paying attention.
    Either that or, like a child, you see nothing new in what's been going on because, like a child, you believe, They're All The Same.

Draft saved Draft deleted