1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eli Manning sacks up, blasts Tiki

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Aug 21, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Barber and Strahan have polluted that locker room with their political games and non-stop bitching. The atmosphere in the locker room will be better, simply because it couldn't be worse.

2. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Remember the in-fighting between both of those drama queens when Strahan held out several years ago and Mr. Overbite come to the defense of the Giants organization?

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

IJAG, let me clarify that for you. The "rule" post was a way of saying that rookies know better than to d_b something without acknowledging that they are jumping into a thread w/o reading the whole entire thing. In my perspective, I would rather read all of the pages to make sure that I'm not repeating something that was already been said. You don't have to because you know what to expect out of most of us.

I'll put it in blue next time. I don't like it either, but sometimes I need to get called out on the carpet for it.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Eli's passer rating in the second half is 83.7 compared to 69.3 in the first half. His fourth quarter numbers are second best to his third-quarter numbers. It's the first quarter, in which his rating is 68.1, where the real problem lies.

Tiki didn't waffle on retirement last year. He was asked over and over again if he was really going to retire and he always said he was going to. It was still a distraction, but only because no one really believed he'd retire. He was pretty adamant about it.

The Giants played three of the top five defenses in the league in that stretch and four of the top 10. Granted, an elite quarterback (which Eli is not) will show the ability to overcome such defenses, but it's not like they were playing patsies, either.

I guess my point here is, the kid has only two full seasons under his belt as a starter in the NFL and should probably be given a little slack.

His comments about Tiki are a sign that he might be ready to take over the leadership role he never could with Barber and Strahan around.

5. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I agree 100%. Thus, my pitcher analogy. He really is in need of a good qb coach to work on his mechanics, and find another go-to guy besides that googly eyed scarecrow receiver named Plaxico. He isn't helping things either.

6. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I can't tell you how happy I am for Eli. As a Jets fan, I've been his biggest supporter from Day 1.

Tiki was an addition by his subtraction.

7. What in thw hell is with you?
    Wrong Manning win?

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Um, Fenian, that was from August.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Personally, I love these "time capsule" threads, which pop up seemingly out of nowhere.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I guess we can now safely declare Eli the winner of the Eli v. Tiki drama.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Outing alert: Fens is really chazp... LOL

12. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

It's fun to see where people stand, or once stood, on issues like talent evaluation.

Draft saved Draft deleted