1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Electric chair execution scheduled in Virginia tonight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hank_Scorpio, Jul 20, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

But it's racist to comment on a religion that apparently condones religious people to kill off their daughters in honor killings. Innocent girls, I might add. As opposed to killing guys who rape and blast women in the face with a shotgun. The middle eastern girls are guilty of nothing more than wearing a skirt, looking at a boy, or at worst, premaritial sex. Have you ever had sex outside marriage JR?

“This region is religious and it is impossible to be yourself if you are a woman,” she said. “You can either escape by leaving your family and moving to a town, or you can kill yourself.”
    Yeah, to comment on that is racist. But its okay to slur three other countries. Right. Got it.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You're dumber than I thought Poindexter.

I wasn't talking about individuals. I was talking about certain countries' use of capital punishment.

China, Iran and Saudi Arabia are off the scale in terms of human rights abuse. You can count capital punishment as the most egregious abuse.

Is that a club you want to be a member of?

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

1. I didn't hear him say he hated them.
    2. None of these are races.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

That's part of Poindexter's problems He doesn't actually know what racism is; hence, we get his big brain analysis of Islam as a religion that "condones honour killings".

I'm glad I'm not the only one here who has a hard time translating his special train of thought.

5. Gold

Gold Active Member

I agree with JR, and I wrote a lot when this came up on a previous thread.

To the people who bring up the killer's victims, the difference is this the state doing the killing and administering cruel and unusual punishment - which means all of us.

6. poindexter

You don't have to say you hate someone to call be called a racist. Or did you read this thread?
    http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/29545/

A race is a distinct population of humans distinguished in some way from other humans. The most widely observed races are those based on skin color, facial features, ancestry, and genetics. Conceptions of race, as well as specific racial groupings, are often controversial due to their impact on social identity hence identity politics.

Neither religion or nationality is included specifically. Again:
    http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/29545/

7. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

There's also the fact that he seems not to know how to read ... as you referenced countries and not citizens thereof ... but nuance lends little to rants.

8. poindexter

By Bubbler's definition, JR isDEFINITELY a racist.

9. poindexter

Are countries not made up of their citizens?

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Bwaahaaaahhhaaa! Are you employed in a business where you have to convey logical thought in words? Seriously? WTF?

11. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Are you the actions of the American government?

Clown.

Draft saved Draft deleted