1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Eight Stupidest Things Sports Fans Love to Say'

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

With nobody on base.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Just as bad are the ones that yell at the refs when their team is DOWN 25 or 30 points at halftime.
    Yeah, because it's their fault your kid dribbled the ball off his foot the last three trips down the court; the uncoordinated 6-foot-3 power forward is launching up 35-foot 3-pointers that either land around the free throw line or leave a hole in the gym wall; and the 5-foot-2, 110-pound point guard just picked up his fifth foul despite coming into the game for the first time with 1:30 left in the fourth quarter.

3. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Or at a softball game.

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

"It's tough to beat a team three times in a season."

Not if one team is better than the other.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

And you've already beaten them twice.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Not so much something said as uttered, but I hate it when a home team's fans boo the opposing pitcher when he throws to first on a pickoff attempt. Shut the fuck up, people. Do you expect the pitcher to ignore the baserunner so as not to needlessly annoy you?

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That being said, pitchers who basically lob the ball to first annoy me.

You want to make an honest attempt at the pickoff? Great. Fling it over there.

But if you aren't, then you aren't really "holding him close". You're wasting time.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Got a plane to catch? Do you go to the ballpark to get out as fast as you can? Big fucking deal. A couple lobs can certainly make the runner think twice, or keep him from taking that extra step. That's the point. But again, big fucking deal. I'm in no hurry when I'm at a game.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

"Let's boo the guy in the Heat jersey!"

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

"Coach, what was going through your mind when you pulled Goalie X after he let in four goals on ten shots?"

Oh, shit, that's a dumb media question

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Also hate it when fans react to every pop fly as if it was a 400-foot homer. Every park seems to have 20,000 fans with no depth perception. Giant roar from the crowd and the second baseman catches the ball 6 feet into the outfield.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

People are stupid. I hate them.

Draft saved Draft deleted