1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

EgyptAir flight from Paris disappears

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by three_bags_full, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"Some are offended when others leap to the obvious conclusion."

"Benghazi was motivated by a video." Nope, nobody was offended by leaping to that obvious conclusion. No siree.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If we're taking bets, I'd certainly put down money on the terrorist/bomb side.

But I would have done that with Germanwings too. And I'm pretty sure we had the same kind of speculation, both on here and worldwide.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Sun rises in east. Trump reacts before the facts are in. Need I say more?

Anyway, CNN reporting wreckage has been found, per Egyptair.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

"Obvious conclusion."

That's different than a concocted narrative, designed to draw attention away from a planned terror attack, during an election campaign.

Hokie_pokie and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  5. YankeeFan

I don't see the downside that Gates sees.

Trump isn't going to pretend to not notice the obvious in order to be politically correct.

6. Baron Scicluna

It wasn't a concocted narrative. There were other attacks that week in Egypt and Yemen that were motivated by the video. Hillary and company merely reached the obvious conclusion.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

YF, you could find conspiracy theories in a ham sandwich.

8. Baron Scicluna

The downside is that, while it may be very likely that it was a terror attack, it's not conclusive yet. The investigation has just started. What if, on the slight chance, that it wasn't a terror attack? Now you have a leading presidential candidate who just made a charge that ends up totally false. Is that who you want in charge of our military?

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I say the Dems had something to do with it so that Trump would jump to "terroristic" conclusions so that Dems could say "Is THIS the guy you want leading the military?"

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Plane was on its fifth trip of the day. Other ports of call, Asmara, Eritrea, Tunis and Cairo. It is WAS a bomb, it's more likely security was penetrated at one of those airports than at Charles de Gaulle. Could have happened there, of course, but there's ongoing political violence in all three of those countries, too.

11. YankeeFan

Why are they jumping to conclusions?

12. Baron Scicluna

Operating under a theory = saying that it absolutely was.

Yep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.