1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Edwards Out Of Campaign?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/22/AR2007032200019.html

Dems may as well pick the nominee this summer, based on how it sounds.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I really hope he stays in the race but I understand him dropping out if the speculation The Post is giving is accurate. I am supporting Obama but I really like a lot of the moves Edwards is making, and if Obama were to screw up or get out of the race I would have been very happy with voting for Edwards.

If Edwards indeed drops out, it might make room for Gore to jump in, however, which I have mixed emotions about.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Chris Dodd is coming on strong. Also might open a slot for Kerry.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

If it's because his wife's cancer has gotten worse, it's certainly the right decision.

5. Boom--
    Wrong on Dodd.
    Wrong on Kerry.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I am very impressed with Dodd the more I see of him. Living in CT I guess I get to see him more.

I am surprised that more have not embraced the idea of
    Dodd being president.

As name from past heard Bill Bradley on Imus this am . Still think he would have made a great president.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0307/Edwards_to_Suspend_Campaign.html

Edwards to Suspend Campaign

John Edwards is suspending his campaign for President, and may drop out completely, because his wife has suffered a recurrence of the cancer that sickened her in 2004, when she was diagnosed with breast cancer, an Edwards friend told The Politico.

"At a minimum he's going to suspend" the campaign, the source said. "Nobody knows precisely how serious her recurrence is. It’ll be another couple of days before there’s complete clarity."

"For him right now he has one priority which is her health and the security of the two young children," said the friend.

As for the campaign, "You don't shut this machine off completely, but everything will go on hold."

UPDATE: Edwards staffers are pushing back very hard.

"Anything you are getting from someone claiming to know right now is not true - anyone claiming to know something right now is making it up. There is no information from this campaign until John and Elizabeth speak at noon," says spokeswoman Kate Bedingfield.

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

John Edwards is not suspending his campaign.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Edwards on CNN: "The campaign goes on, the campaign goes on strongly."

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

this woman is sensational. 8)

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

So much for that blogger's supposed scoop.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Was just about to post the same thing, shockey. Incredble!

Draft saved Draft deleted