1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Editor, New York Yankees, NYC

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by playthrough, Jul 30, 2007.

1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Anyone know if you are encouraged to send clips, or do they JUST want the resume & cover letter?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

You can live on Long Island and have no trouble getting into the Stadium. Except once you get over the Triboro. Then it's a whore.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I'm a lifelong Sox fan, and I will apply for this job.

OK, my current employment situation kind of requires me to be proactive in the job hunt; nonetheless, I'm applying.

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Years ago, I interviewed for a PR internship at the Yankees. As a lifelong Yankees fan, it was a huge thrill to get the interview, see the office, etc. The PR director at the time was so discouraging about the job and working for the Yankees in general (the hours, the stress of Steinbrenner, etc.) It was probably a weeding-out tactic, but I remember leaving there feeling dejected. Anyway, I got offered the internship, but ended up turning it down because I got a good, paid internship instead.

I would imagine that the pay for this is insanely low and the workload and stress level very high.

6. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Any idea on the search progress?

Waiting for it... waiting... waiting...

Draft saved Draft deleted