1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Editor, Coal Valley News, Madison, W.Va.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Doctor Jones, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones Member

The Coal Valley News, a 5,500-circulation weekly in Madison, W.Va., has an opening for an editor who can be versatile in news and sports. The potential candidate must be able to take photographs at news events and possibly some sporting events. Newspaper experience required. Salary will be in the $25,000-27,500 range. E-mail a cover letter, resume, and five writing samples to jayfank@coalvalleynews.com.

2. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones Member

This is a Heartland Publications shop, for anyone who would like to know. If anyone would like more information about the area or about this position, I can try and help out. Just send me a PM.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I would think that $25-27,500 for West Virginia would be a half-decent salary. But at the same time, I'd expect that whoever gets this gig would be putting in a lot of hours for it.

4. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones Member

The candidate would be expected to have 8-10 bylines a week (6-8 news; 1-2 sports).

Draft saved Draft deleted