1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eddie Murphy to Host 84th Academy Awards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Based on what they gave us last year, I think Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan would be an upgrade.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Rick Perry?

3. Mizzougrad96

The nominees for best picture are Moneyball, The Descendants, J. Edgar, and .... and... The EPA.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

He could present the best picture award and stand there for a full, awkward minute trying to remember the final nominee.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

There was a pretty good interview of Murphy in a recent Rolling Stone. No idea how messed up a childhood he had.

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that it's because he's busy with HIMYM and not enough time to really prepare. I want to see him and Hugh Jackman co-host one year.

7. Mizzougrad96

If they asked NPH, he'd be there in a heartbeat. I think he would do an amazing job, but I'm guessing they don't think he's famous enough and is more identified as a TV star.

If I was looking for someone to host the Oscars, my first two calls would be to NPH and Timberlake.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Timberlake is a great idea, but I doubt he has enough cachet with the living skeletons that run the academy, especially after the "hip" choice of Franco and Hathaway bombed.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Hathaway did all she could to save that show, but boy, Franco was a disaster. If he wasn't drunk or high, then he should have been because what he had going was not working.

I always liked Crystal as host and think he'll do a fine job. What he won't do is generate any real buzz leading up to the show to drive up ratings. But I think he's a quality guy to step in.

10. Mizzougrad96

Crystal is the safe choice, which is what they needed after the Murphy/Ratner debacle as well as last year's embarrassment.

Draft saved Draft deleted