1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eddie Johnson headed for PMITA Prison

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OTD, Aug 9, 2006.

1. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Before this goes any further, lets get it cleared up that this was the other Eddie Johnson, the Atlanta Hawks' Eddie Johnson.

Not the more famous Eddie Johnson who hit the game-winning shot for the Rockets in the Western Conference finals in '98, whose salad days were with the K.C. Kings and Phoenix Suns in the 80s, and who I covered when he was with the Pacers.

I was surprised to see, however, that the "other" Eddie Johnson was indeed a 3-time All-Star, and the more famous Eddie Johnson never was.

Which is good, because I don't know how to put this gently, but the more famous and non-accused Eddie Johnson, was, well, perhaps the most endowed man I've ever had the misfortune of catching out of the corner of my eye during a one-on-one. That thing is a zoo exhibit.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Could make for some interesting interviews for the Ocala opening.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

What would happen if you crossed the more famous Eddie Johnson's ....um....johnson with World B. Free's nutsack? :D

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

One hell of a case of crabs.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Thread of the year potential ... but also the potential to be locked down by dawn.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The non-accused Eddie Johnson once drained a clutch jumper to send Magic Johnson and Co. to defeat in a classic Big Ten battle in 1979.

The Illini were so pumped from this victory that they went 4-11 the rest of the way and stayed home for the postseason.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

So was he the inspiration for the "Big Johnson" T-shirts?

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Not sure, but I did hear a story in the same era from an ex-beat writer who noted that LaSalle "Tank" Thompson's nickname was not because of his visible tank-like build.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Oh man, speaking of Tank, I used to room with a stand-up comic who used to handle Thompson's accounts as his banker. (This stand-up is no one you would have heard of. Trust me.) Anyway, he said Mama Tank handled EVERYTHING, only allowing Tank an allowance. And this was something like 10 years INTO his career.

Draft saved Draft deleted