1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ed Koch Feels the Same Way as Whitlock

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 28, 2008.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

As Uncle Mac used to say come holiday time, "For use internally, may I suggest instead a product of Scotland? There's a good lad."

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Didn't Ed Koch preside over the People's Court?

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I will submit that there is no black person in America who doesn't at least KNOW someone who has said aloud everything Wright ever said.

Is there anyone on here who wants to claim that they don't at least KNOW someone who's a bigot to some degree?

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, and he was pretty good in The Client.

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I thought Bill Koch was People's Court and Ed Koch was Up With People.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

The problem, Zeke, is that the judgment as to whether such a relationship makes an individual a bigot, too, is usually based on that person's political affiliation. Just look at the sports and politics thread. Five posts in, there already was the implication that if you're a Republican, you're probably a racist.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Quite simply, pallister, you're wrong -- at least in regards to the hypothetical.

Pat Buchanan's continued employment says so.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

That doesn't make any sense.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I've decided that I would like to here from Rev Wright my self. At this point I think its appropriate for the Obama campaign to ask Wright to clarify his ramblings and address the media.

10. Why?
    He has no connection with the campaign.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think at this point it would be a positive for the campaign to have Wright speak on behalf of Obama.

It would take away the ability for Hillary or McCain to exploit story.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Let's get Billy Graham in front of a microphone to explain his comments about the Jewish "stranglehold" on the media, too. Hagee and Parsley and Robertson, as well. Wait. Make it a reality show. Moment of Truth Special Edition: Men of God.

Draft saved Draft deleted