1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ed Koch Feels the Same Way as Whitlock

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 28, 2008.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I still don't understand how this one issue is supposedly the magic domino for some people and whether or not they'll vote for him.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I hope Ed's reb never advocated settlements by force in the Occupied Territories, or taking up arms against Lebanon, or ever said that America wasn't doing enough to help Israel. That kind of crazy, old-timey, single-issue political talk can only get a mayor diselected by association. Our spiritual leaders need to remember that in an election year freedom of speech doesn't extend to the pulpit or the podium.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Is Obama related to Hirohito?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If he is, he's not saying. He doesn't want to lose the Furman Bisher vote.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Get back to me when Ed Koch is sleeping with Jason Whitlock. Until then, who gives a rat's ass what a batshit pastor had to say? As long as Obama didn't say it -- or demonstrate by his actions that his world view is similar -- he shouldn't have to answer for anything but his own actions.

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

It's horseshit, just like the McCain-preacher thing is horseshit. It's funny how people claim to hate all the non-issues the MSM harps on, but then as soon as the right button gets pushed, off they go, making the mistake of the bull chasing the matador's cape. And we get the shitty leaders that we deserve, since we are too fucking stupid to use important criteria in electing our government.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Its a fair question Alley. For me I look at Obama's book "Audacity of Hope " as his blueprint for America and know that the phrase was coined by Wright.

It does have to make you wonder a little about how else Obama has been influenced. I think its part of an honest intlectual process to ask the questions.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

What are you talking about? That shit works really well in Hymietown. Rev. Wright said so in one of his sermons (that three people purchased; four if you include Ed Koch).

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I don't know what made me do this:

[​IMG]

I regret it already.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. jboy

jboy Guest

A-fucking-men.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Bullshit.

If my best friend is an anti-semite, I am an anti-semite.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

If my best friend is a murderer, I am a murderer.

If my best friend is a Yankees fan, I am a Yankees fan.

If my priest is a child molester, I am a child molester.

Wow, that doesn't work at all.

In fact, it might be the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard.

Draft saved Draft deleted