1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

eBay question, Part II

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jul 31, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'm about to put a shitload of CD's for sale -- somewhere.
    Is it better to do it on eBay and hope, Half.com just to have it there and I can send when I get an order without worrying about a sale or say fuck it and try Amazon?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I only have about 100-120 CD's but ripped them into my computer tonight, backed the drive up and now want to sell.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Cee...dees?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

yeah.. in fact I'm listening now to one in your wheelhouse --- For Cryin Out Loud, don'tcha know...

5. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

CD's Nuts?

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sell them on Amazon. List them individually. Lowball whoever has the lowest price. Make a couple bucks on shipping.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What does Amazon take as a cut to post ad of the final percentage?

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I don't remember. It should be listed on their help screens.

CDs don't go for much anyway, so you won't get a lot. If you list them individually on Amazon it is simple (you can tie into the record of the CD already on there, so it looks nice), and you can set your own price. You can see what the CDs are going for and price accordingly.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Why not just have a garage/yard sale? :)

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Sell on ebay in bulk.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That would be Saturday -- 8-2, rain or shine.
    Roadtrip; Ms. Slappy's going to Def Leppard that night with her sister-in-law...

And I would sell them there, but the less I have to deal with "I'll give you 50 cents for this unplayed CD of 'Michael Jackson's No. 1 Hits'" the better....

12. Do you have a used music store in your town? There is a place where I went to college that gives about $3 or $4 per CD you sell them. The store then sells it for about double that. The store has a pricing guide, so some cds might be worth more than others. You might be able to make money and not deal with shipping that way.

Draft saved Draft deleted