1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

EBay buying StubHub

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Jan 10, 2007.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070110/bs_nm/stubhub_ebay_dc_1

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Never used stubhub. Can you find good tickets for relatively cheap?

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Not the time I tried using it. I went there expecting cheap tickets and was rudely awakened by tickets at double and triple the face value. I just went down to the stadium and bought from scalpers.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I used stubhub once to sell concert tickets. My $59 face value tickets fetched $175. And I didn't have to sit on a street corner to sell them.

Used craigslist once to buy tickets to a midnight movie opening. Price was fine, but I had to drive to BFE to pick them up from the seller -- who was 30 minutes late getting there.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yep. Good tickets. Not good price. Scalper's heaven.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I'll echo Moddy.

Always good tickets. Not always good price.

And they'll definitely work hard to get you your tickets; been the beneficiary of their great customer service a time or two.

7. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Hate StubHub. As said, the people there sell stuff for an extreme markup...and I wonder if they ever get it.

Selling tickets on eBay is evil, too. I've both bought and sold on eBay before -- managed to sell opening-day tickets to the Cardinals this season at new Busch for $540 but also been burned many a time selling to deadbeats or buying from them (there's a special place in hell for people who sell obstructed view tickets without designating such in the listing).

It's like these two companies were made for each other.

8. The Basement

The Basement Member

I'll add to the chorus: buying tickets through them are a waste of time and cost way, way too much money.

9. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Strange. I actually picked up two tickets to a game this coming weekend on StubHub for exactly $1 more than face value, which I felt was fair. And the tickets arrived within 24 hours of my order.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Almost always an epic ripoff. Absolute court of last resort. You'll beat the prevailing number on eBay over 90% of the time. The final option, for the desperate.

And their electronic advertising sucks, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted