1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eat more tuna.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I was going to make a joke about fish. Giggity giggity!

2. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Went to a seafood restauraunt last night. I was certainly happy afterward.

Unfortunately, the happines consisted of looking at the toilet half an hour later and saying "Thank Christ. No vital organs. And THERE'S the Octimus Prime action figure I accidentally swallowed in second grade!"

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Would fucking at the drive thru be considering getting lucky or prostitution? :D

4. EStreetJoe

I love seafood and haven't gotten sick from it yet and I have it once a week, sometimes twice. I generally eat fish like salmon, tilapia, flounder and avoid shellfish (shrimp, crab, lobster, etc.) and squid/octopus.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Fixed. ;D

And with global warming, wouldn't the mercury make you taller?

6. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i eat tuna (the fresh steak kind) and salmon regularly. didn't eat much fish growing up but these have become staples in my house. i love a thick seared tuna steak.

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I was thinking that this thread would be about Bill Parcells, or perhaps cunnilingus. I loooooooooooooooves me some cunning linguistics. Parcells, I'm pretty sick of at this point. Although at least he's not Chan Gailey or Bozo the Switzer.

OK, so what's the fish to avoid if I dont want to rock my liver with heavy metal? I'd do the research myself, but I'm working, more or less, today. Any of you SportsJournalists.com nutritionists know? If someone in the office is doing a Long John Silver run, and I say "Yeah, please get me the fish and fryes (arrr!)," am I setting myself up for toxic death?

Also, I know shellfish are bad news, but is squid bad too? I dig the squid at the Vietnamese place here in East Jesus, inexplicably the only non-Chinese Asian joint in town.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

All the catfish places I know of cook farm-grown. Exotic it ain't, but as safe goes, it's even safer than the Osmonds. (Now that's safe.)

9. EStreetJoe

Sometimes the farm grown fish can be worse than the naturally caught fish because some places will overfarm the fish -- too many fish in too tight a space -- so there's not enough room for suffient supplies of fresh water to get in there and water gets polluted with fish waste matter and other pollutants.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

You people are soooooooooooooooooooooo perverted. [/tossingstonesatmyglasshouse]

Draft saved Draft deleted