1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eagles add depth to their Wide Reciever position

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

They get Donte' Stallworth from the Saints and give up Mark Simoneau and a conditional fourth-round draft pick in 2007. I like the move by the Eagles but I don't understand why the Saints did this.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Because Stallworth SUCKS.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

He's not the worst receiver in the world. For the Eagles, he certainly becomes the second-best they got.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Come on, BYH...the dude put up some pretty decent numbers last season (70 rec, 7 TD, nearly 1,000 yards).

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah, he put up a lot of stats. But there seem to be more games where he just flat-out disappears.

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Exactly. He has some problems with droping the football at times but he still improves the Eagles offense. Now they have someone to go to if Reggie Brown gets double teamed.

P.S. McNabb has made this offense look tremendous during the pre-season. He's done what he does best which is spread the ball around to different recievers. With Stallworth, it's only going to get better for them.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Stallworth is a big pickup.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

The thought of any team needing to double Reggie Brown amuses me.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

he's started just 33 of 64 games in his career. he's already had hamstring problems this summer. when healthy, though, he's a legit deep threat. too soft to be considered a star.

certainly a good addition for team mcnabb.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I thought this was a T.O. thread.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Stallworth has blinding speed - sub-4.2 when he came out of Tennessee. But he gets more than his share of leg twinges, and hasn't shown signs of taking over a game.

Still, I'm glad the Panthers don't have to chase him down the field at least twice a year anymore.

12. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Draft saved Draft deleted