1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

E. Andrews still the most pathetic SL babe ever, I don't care what y'all think

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Really, I'm not trying to be mean here, but Erin Andrews has to the worst sideline gal in the history of sideline gals. She is more annoying that housefly that lands on you face every day for three fucking days and you can't kill it. Last week we had to endure an interview with Andre 3000 from Outkast, at least two trips into the stands and endless minutes of mindless pablum from EA. And I'll leave it to the board pervs to more thoroughly judge her hotness, but she doesn't do much for me.

Has there ever been a game when Erin hasn't gone up in the stands and done an:

"I'm standing here 10 feet away from Joe Superstar's family"... and they all just wave and cheer. "Joe had to get FOURTEEN TICKETS for tonight's game, guys!"...

"I'm here in the Mississippi State cheering section, and boy are these cowbells LOUD guys!

And I'll go ahead and respond to those who might say EA ought to be off limits, or that I'm just picking on here: If she consideres herself a sports journalists she should be fair game for criticism just like any other sports journalist. If she doesn't, she shouldn't care what I think.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: Offical "Not trying to be mean, but I really can't stand Erin Andrews" thread.

I won't defend her, but remember that a lot of the interviews aren't pushed by her, but the clown on the earpiece talking from the truck.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Re: Offical "Not trying to be mean, but I really can't stand Erin Andrews" thread.

She doesn't do much for you? Oh c'mon, even I'd hit it.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I caught her the other day when she's standing on the sideline, they have a wide shot, and she does that kind of "hand on one hip, hip shifted to one side" thing... Mesmerizing. I can't even tell you what the game was, or what she said.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

[entire sj community freezes and contemplates the ramifications of this post...]

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Re: Offical "Not trying to be mean, but I really can't stand Erin Andrews" threa

Oh mamma, lets work with this one!

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Re: Offical "Not trying to be mean, but I really can't stand Erin Andrews" threa

I know there's a give and take there between the producer and the "reporter". I've been in the truck for several nationally televised games within earshot of the producer, so I kind of have a feel for how it goes. The "reporter" can make pitches to the producer but the guy in the truck makes the final call.

So there's some merit to that, but I will guaran-damn-tee you Michelle Tafoya wouldn't be doing that shit. The "reporter" and the producer have work in concert. But it seems like EA's niche is simply going into the stands and standing next to a bunch of fans with signs while she comments on how excited they are, and the producer apparently isn't going to push her for anything of actual worth (either because s/he doesn't give a shit or knows she is incapable of anything else).

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This post is really worthless without pictures. :)

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You know, after that whole Gabrielle-Reese-gave-me-her-towel-in-the-locker-room-and-we-were-both-naked story got her into the NIAFL, you knew this was going to happen.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

There's a whole animal shelter full of kittens that are about to get it.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

How The Squad reads Lugnuts' post:

12. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

My brother's best friend is her cousin. How highly does he regard her? There's not a wisecrack any of us can make about EA that would offend him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.