1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dyson Vacuums

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, Apr 22, 2007.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

So the better half got a $500 Dyson vacuum as a gift.

People, this is the most incredible home appliance I've/we've ever owned.

Unreal.

I highly recommend one for all you neat freaks.

We vacuumed with the old one first, and then went over it with the new one, and it picked MORE with the Dyson than the first one did. I'm shocked.

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Does it suck? :D

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

great machine

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I really want of these, and hearing about how great they are just makes me want to run up my credit card some more . . . sigh.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

I am seriously thinking of cashing in Marriott points to get one.
    One drawback I hear about these, though, if you have allergies, it's not the best because there is no filter.

6. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

All I know is this: I had no idea so much dirt could be in a carpet. My fiancee is a neat freak — I mean insane about cleaning — and this firggin' machine was still full of dust and dirt.

Honestly, it was shocking to me. Two hours later and I'm still thinking of it. If you can afford it, buy it.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No, it blows.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Consumer Reports said the the 250 dollar Kenmore at Sears was better. (No baby seat references, please)

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I've had one for 3 years and love it. Best investment around the house we've ever made.

As for the Kenmore...funny enough, I but the Dyson at Sears. The clerk showed me that it was the unit they use to clean up with every night -- it was all beat up, while the Kenmore was crystal clean.

Worth every penny.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Consumer Reports has never rated the Dysons that highly. I guess I have remained skeptical on that basis.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

We have one too. It's amazing. Does great on pet hair.

Draft saved Draft deleted