1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DWTS, Brett Favre and a lot of terrible journalism

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MisterCreosote, Feb 11, 2011.

1. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Not a Dancing fan and when I clicked on the link the thought crossed my mind that DWTS was some net-speak I was unfamiliar with. My guess was Down With the Sickness. Maybe I'm just Disturbed ;)

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Shanoff is too kind. Quite obviously, the Des Moines television station is to blame.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Favre may not be family-friendly, but neither are: Shannen Doherty, Lawrence Taylor, Steve-O, Kim Kardashian etc...

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Here's the thing about this story. Shanoff has showed at at least at the point it was widely reported this week, it was simply not true.

Well, predictably: They've been talking about it on ESPN today; it was mentioned on ATH ... it was mentioned on PTI ... it was just mentioned on SportsCenter, minutes before I type this.

So, of course, NOW it's taken on a life of its own. And who the hell knows, maybe DWTS gets it in its head that Brett Favre WOULD be a good get for the show. And Favre gets the gig.

Now, that original rumor is "right."

This is some crazy shit, basically.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Woe is journalism when we can't make shit true by repeating a lie, and phrasing it as a question enough times.

Is Peyton Manning sleeping with Jennifer Aniston? Plz retweet, my tweeps!

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I read a book about the influence of the left-wing blogosphere in politics of the last few years, and it's scary how much shit got stirred by someone posting something anonymously. In past history, the remembered quotes came from statesmen. Now they come from anon.0219

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

What? ESPN trying to make the news instead of just reporting it? Shocked, I'm telling you ... shocked!

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

That writing about DWTS is considered journalism is the biggest crock of all.

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

No, but I heard Pilot was.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Wait your turn. She'll get to you eventually.

Draft saved Draft deleted