1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DVR question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Apr 4, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

It works. I just got done programming mine.
    Mucho gracias

2. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Who is your cable provider? I've been trying this shit all day and can't get it to work. From the instructions, it's obvious I have a different remote. I've tried going about it using the corresponding buttons on my clicker, but have got nowhere. It appears that my only option is to go out and buy a different universal remote and try to set it up.

And IJAG, if you've never used the 30-second skip, you're in for a whole new world. It sounds like no big deal, I know. But plug in the code and try it for a week. You'll wonder how you ever lived without it.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Pretty sure Tivo did away with the 30-sec skip because advertisers hated it.

4. We've got two DVRs ... our new one that Directv gave us for signing our lives away for another 2 years has a 30-sec skip which is easily its best function ... otherwise it's a piece of shit that I have to restart every five days cuz it won't change channels.

Draft saved Draft deleted