1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DVR ALERT: Breaking Bad. Beginning to end

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Dec 26, 2013.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I've now seen the final episodes but lack season 5 episodes 9-11 or so. I have to figure out how to time it to have someone else set the DVR so that I can Slingbox in from a ways a way. Then my connection is horrible and I still miss some.

Still, it's weird to know how it ends but be somewhat confused about what happens in before that.

2. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

My suggestion for other LEGAL options for viewing those missing episodes:

[1] you can buy any episode at Amazon.com for $1.99 each. If you missed three episodes it'll only cost you six bucks. Sure beats screwing around trying to watch on Slingbox.

[2] go to or phone your local video store and see if they rent the Breaking Bad: The Final Season DVD which is season 5 episodes 9 thru 16. The DVD was released 7 weeks ago, so it might be readily available for rent.

[3] try your local public library. Most of them have DVDs to lend. You might luck out and they will have Break Bad: The Final Season or they might be able to obtain it for you to view from another branch/library they're in a share program.

[4] purchase Breaking Bad: The Final Season DVD. Amazon has it right now for $30 DVD/$35 Blu-Ray version or you might be able to get it on eBay for less $$. If you decide to go the eBay route, make sure the one you buy is a Region 1 DVD which is what's playable on DVD players sold in the U.S. and Canada.

Edited to add: I was going to suggest Netflix as a possibility but I just checked Netflix and they're not offering Breaking Bad: The Final Season for viewing in the US. I'm kind of surprised as I was in the UK over the holidays and those last 8 episodes were available to view on Netflix UK.

3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Um...yeah. I live in China.

4. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Watched the whole series via DVR. Crazy good show.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I've got four episodes to go now. Just don't see how there can be any kind of an ending where you're happy for the main characters that seemed so cool in the first couple of seasons. The only character that seems to have grown at all in the show is Jesse, and he's been on the verge of a breakdown forever.

But, they've turned bad stretches of the show into gold before, so I'm still hopeful.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

So you're almost to Ozymandias then? (Third to last). Oh how I envy you for being able to watch the first 20 minutes of that episode for the first time. Might be the best episode of the show and that says something.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/10/breaking-bad-netflix_n_4577578.html

Final episodes coming to Netflix on Feb. 24.

8. old_tony

Finished the series up Friday morning (stayed up till 6 a.m. to do so). Kind of sad that I'm all done with it. It did rebound to wrap things up, but there certainly wasn't some happy ending. Then again, no one could expect any happy ending in the meth business.

There are so few characters I wish I could keep up with. Jesse and maybe Skyler. I think my favorite Skyler moment was when she had her "breakdown" and started screaming "shut up! shut up! shut up! shut up!" at Marie.

I'd say Jesse was my favorite character, but expecting him to stay clean after all he's been through isn't realistic. Heck, let's not forget he was forced to watch that fucker Todd execute Andrea. The thing that really struck me in the final season was how Todd was such a ruthless killer who didn't even think twice. I also liked Hank's last communication with Lydia. And his invention for the trunk of the Caddy was pretty cool.

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Heck, let's not forget Jesse also was a ruthless murderer.

10. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Of the more minor characters, I was surprised at Maria's transformation. She started completely annoying and would up a decent character.

11. old_tony

Isn't Gale the only guy Jesse killed? And it affected him so much and he was so timid doing it I would hardly call him ruthless.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I don't know if I'd call Jesse "ruthless." He certainly had a lot of regrets about what he'd done to Gail, and killing Todd after everything the Nazis put him through was the definition of justifiable homicide.
    Don't forget, the Nazis -- who were most definitely "ruthless" assholes who never thought twice about killing anyone -- were making fun of Jesse's blubbering, tearful confession video.

Draft saved Draft deleted