1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DVR ALERT: Breaking Bad. Beginning to end

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think some of that had to do with the writer's strike. Same reason Season 1 was only seven or eight episodes and ended sort of awkwardly.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I've finished season 1 and about 1/3 of the way through season 2. It's a good show, Cranston is great. The kid who plays Jesse is great. And pregnant or not I want to hate fuck Skylar in the bathtub. Hank is an interesting character. I've known thousands of cops in my professional life and this is a convincing portrayal of one. I've actually known cops to look for missing daughters or friends daughters. Beat the crap out of a daughter's fucktard of a b/f. Cops that stalk their ex-wife/ex-g/f or even wives they think are cheating.
    The great thing about watching this kind of series in batches is that even if an episode is slow they run together. Hour long episodes are only 44 minutes are so you can squeeze 3 episodes into an after work sitting.

The commercials that I', zipping through are sad as shit. ASPCA, Hunger in Africa and Drug Rehab clinics. Am I a shutin demographic of psychopathic drug fiends? Am I Michael Vick?

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The ASPCA and Hunger in Africa commercials have been running on almost every cable channel this weekend. They must have gotten a block deal. My wife was watching something on HGTV and those ads kept popping up during every break.

Abbott, if you like Hank in Seasons 1 and 2, when he was underdeveloped and a bit of a buffoon, you'll absolutely love him by the end of the series. His transformation in Seasons 3-5 is amazing.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

On episode 4 of season 2 and it seems to be moving a bit slowly. It's hard to figure out how they last another four seasons for as dismal a state as Walt and Jesse are at right now.

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

At what time, eastern, should the second half of season 5 start? I'm trying to alert my father to record it for me.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

On now. First episode is winding down, and the second will start around 7:30.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Season 2 and the first half of Season 3 are a little slow. They're moving a lot of pieces into place, setting up and introducing several key characters. Beginning around the midpoint of Season 3, however, with "One Minute," it really starts to ramp up. The back half of Season 3 and all of Season 4 is arguably the best stretch of the show.

8. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Recording whole damn series on DVR and have watched 5 episodes of Season 1 so far. Zap thru the commercials, though I took finger off the trigger at one point tonight and landed right on the Bryan Cranston-as-LBJ commercial for his Broadway show. Got a great laugh out of that. Hope the play includes the notorious scene of LBJ ordering pants. (Go YouTube it now.)

9. old_tony

OK, I'm in the middle of Season 3 and look forward to each and every episode.

Holy fuck, the commercials they're playing may drive me to meth use myself. Sure, I fast-forward through them mostly, but don't always grab the remote right away.

Every break has either an ASPCA commercial filled with abused animals that need saving or a commercial about the starving children of the world. Talk about depressing.

10. old_tony

Now at the end of Season 3. Walt sure goes through a lot of windshields.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Just finished a season 2 episode where Walt makes a battery to jump start the camper out of screws, washers and a brake pad. MacGyver culdn't have done that

12. old_tony

I now have just nine episodes left to watch. At this point the only character I see with any redeeming qualities is Jesse.

Draft saved Draft deleted