1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DVD Box Sets

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jeff_Rake, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Jeff_Rake

Jeff_Rake Member

I'm usually not a DVD guy or a TV watcher, but I purchased both seasons of "Lost" a few weeks ago and love it. I'm looking to pick up another box set, but I'm not sure what to get. I'm hoping you guys have some good suggestions. Here's what I'm looking for:

1. Each episode must be at least 40 min
    2. There's got to be drama or suspense
    3. The shows need to preferably have some sort of cliff-hanger ending. In other words, I want the ending of "Show A" to make me want to watch "Show B."

To me, Lost (though some people don't really like it), filled all those requirements. From what I'm hearing, the Wire and Sopranos does too. What else you guys got?

2. Frylock

Frylock Member

I think you might like 24 if you haven't seen it.

3. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Start at the beginning and work your way back.

If you want to stop watching, stop mid-episode and pick it up the next day. Otherwise, if you go to the end of the hour, you'll want to watch the next episode.

(Frylock beat me by 32 seconds so in the words of Jack Bauer. . . .damnit! damnit!)

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I just bought Back to the Future I, II and III last week. 8)

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Alias, Seasons 1-3.

Stop at Season 3. Maybe even 2.

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The Shield. Each episode builds on the previous ones, even if they're not "cliff-hanger" endings.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

The Secret Life Of Desmond Pfeffer.

That, or One Tree Hill. Yeah, I said it.

9. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Band of Brothers is the best DVD set I've got and I own an absurd number of them.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Damn .. how could we have forgotten to mention that one yet? Tremendous mini-series/box set.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh and Freaks and Geeks. It's only one season, but it's the best damn season of network TV ever produced.

12. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

"Hermans Head"

Seriously though...I love me some West Wing. I have all the seasons, and I sometime will sit down and watch 4 or 5 episodes in a row. It doesn't seem to matter to me that I know what's coming. I just like it.

Draft saved Draft deleted