1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dumbass Mother of the Year

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, May 13, 2011.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

I wonder to what extreme such people would go to live their lives through their kids.... a night with a contest judge? a night of their kid with a contest judge? Extreme yes, but this is still just plain stupid.

Mother injects kid with botox to enhance pageant competitiveness.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/health-15749655/mom-who-gave-child-botox-condemned-25218908

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The mom says she injects botox into herself. Looks like the mom's been injecting a truckfull of quarter pounders into her own fat gullet.

3. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Child abuse, and it should be prosecuted as such.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If my 8-year-old asked for botox to help get rid of her wrinkles and maybe win a beauty pageant, I'd do the same.

Who wouldn't?

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

This

And this.

Is the mother a licensed medical practitioner (I didn't watch the video long enough to see if this was answered)?

6. printdust

printdust New Member

Using that argument, if your daughter asked you to set up dates for her at 8 so she'd be better socially at 16, would you do that? It's more modern than if she asked you to set the house on fire. She's the child, you're the adult. It's a BEAUTY PAGEANT.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Lost custody:

http://www.fox8.com/news/nationworld/ktla-mother-gives-daughter-botox-injections,0,3614202.story

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Dear Mom:

You are fat and so is your daughter. Nothing really wrong with that, that's how it works a high percentage of the time.

That means, as you probably have learned for yourself, you do not fit in with the conventional concepts of "beauty." This effect tends to accelerate dramatically throughout the teen years -- a 6-7 year-old girl can get away in beauty pageants if she's slightly chubby, but a 14-16-18 year-old can NOT. (And, like you, your daughter is not 'slightly' chubby. 'Slightly' got left in the rearview mirror many many cheeseburgers ago.)

Thicker and heavier girls can be very nice-looking in their own rights and be popular and comfortable with themselves, but competing in traditional beauty pageants is not a good way to do it. Just like going out for the high school track team and demanding to run sprints. You can "want to" all you want, but if you run the 100m in 26.3 seconds, the coach is not going to have you run sprints.

You, Mom, are never going to win any beauty pageants. Quit using your kid as a voodoo doll to try to bury your anger over it. No matter how many needles you stick into her, you will still be fat.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I have set up many play dates for my kids. I don't get your concern.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

how about a salad instead of a happy meal

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

A normal six-year-old girl is NOT going to complain about wrinkles.

This is so messed up and I hope that girl isn't scarred for life - both physically and mentally.

That mother is no mom, that's for damn sure.

12. printdust

printdust New Member

This is going to mindf--- Ace.

Draft saved Draft deleted