1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dumb quark question

Discussion in 'Design Discussion' started by Angola!, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

NewsEdit Pro here as well.

2. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Got you guys beat.

I've got ID CS3 on my machine, as do all of the designers. We're running ID version 2.02. Not CS2. But 2.02.

Oh, and I fucking love NewsEdit. Much better than DTI.

3. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I'd still take that over Quark 4.1. At least you're not dealing with all the system crashes that come with running OS9 in an OSX environment.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the desk folks don't use quick keys at your shop? they must be a bunch of fucking idiots.

edit: gomer, you are a gomer.

5. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Please tell me you're typing in blue font. Indesign CS2 or CS3 is as good, if not better than any version of Quark, depending on who you ask.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you can count how many months it's been since you graduated college, can't you?

7. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Yeah. Off the top of my head, 96.

You're entitled to your opinion but you come off as a jackass with comments like that.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and you love indesign. only people i've ever heard preach the love of ID, are new grads and, well, gomers.

9. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

I like them both. I probably prefer ID right now, but that's because it's been a while since I used Quark.

Though, isn't saying something like "everyone who likes ______ is of ______ demographic" kind of, ohgoshidon'tknow, a bit silly?

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

rosen - reread my last post. not what i said.

11. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

You implied that anyone who uses Indesign is an idiot. I think you were pretty clear on that.

For the record, I never said I loved Indesign. I simply pointed out that, depending on who you ask, Indesign's latest versions are better than Quark. I've talked to some who like it better, some who don't.

I don't have enough experience with Indesign to say whether it is better on a regular desking environment, but I do think it's better for feature layout due to its seamless integration with Illustrator and Photoshop.

But feel free to continue calling people names anyhow. It seems to be your shtick.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

jesus christ, gomer, it's schtick. and take just a minute out of your fucking day to read post no. 19.

Draft saved Draft deleted