1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dumb new guys

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Unibomber, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

I am a former ASE at a daily in the midwest and still work there as columnist.
    Anyhow, the SE is a control freak micromanager and his new ASE is just aloof as all hell.
    These guys suck and their news judgement is as poor as I have ever seen.
    Here is the problem, upper management seems to not give a shit as long as the there are no problems that affect them.
    So what do you do? Watch these two morons waltz through each day killing our sports section or actually try to make someone aware of how bad they are? And how? I mean, I can't just go tell the editor these guys suck because he doesnt care.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Freshen up the resume, because they ain't goin anywhere... and if you try to submarine them, you'll be going on their terms...

3. What he said.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Fuck, you call yourself Unibomber and you're asking us for tips on how to rid yourself of these guys??

For shame.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

LOL. ;D ;D ;D

and a most excellent point. :eek: :eek: :eek:

6. leo1

leo1 Active Member

bad bosses are an occupational hazard of any occupation. and it sucks when they make you look bad. you can subtly manage your bosses but otherwise there's nothing you can do.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Perhaps if you could post some details on here that would make them realize the stupidity of their actions, they would stop.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Uni:

Your description is similar to something I experienced. I almost feel as if I know which paper this is.

9. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Why do I have a feeling this thread might end up being a cautionary tale at some point?

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

bd77, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

11. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

go somewhere else.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

This may sound a bit condescending, but have you had a chance to just sit down, privately, and talk to one or the other. Use the premise of trying to help the section be even better than it is now.

Draft saved Draft deleted