1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Duke LAX stripper has a book out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Aug 22, 2008.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Maybe, but quite honestly, who gives a shit? I mean, even if you're at all sympathetic towards the woman, would you shell out $25.00 or $30.00 to read her story?

Non-event.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

I think enough suckers would because you think you are helping her out.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

This from the press release...

"As people appeared from out of the woodwork to offer their opinions about Crystal, no one ever asked the one person who could set the record straight."

Does that include Jesse and Al, who should have been sued as well?

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm glad you got my point so precisely.

5. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

There's not much of a profit margin in coloring books.

6. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

The players, Ms. Mangum, Duke's president and faculty, the DA's office, and -- oh, yes -- the media all came out of it tarnished, at best. The only ones who acquitted themselves honorably were the defense attorneys. No pun intended.

7. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Or a newspaper desk person/reporter a indentured servant.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

"As people appeared from out of the woodwork to offer their opinions about Crystal, no one ever asked the one person who could set the record straight."

No one? Really? The cops never asked her? The defense attorneys never asked her? She was simply forced to sit back and take the condemnation that came her way?
    Spare me. Buying this alleged book is similar -- although not indentical -- to buying Charlie Manson's jailhouse rock album.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Her entire problem is that she couldn't set the record straight. As far as "no one ever asked the one person who could set the record straight," I'm sure the cops and the DA asked her. Then she gave nine stories. Then Nifong ran with the wrong one.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'll just download it.

11. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Draft saved Draft deleted