1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Duke Lacrosse - All charges dropped

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Apr 11, 2007.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

According to ABC News.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3028515&page=1

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

If this is correct, the Duke administration and its faculty senate should be demanded to apologize for a rush to judgment. Secondly, John Saunders should apologize to the Duke women's Lacrosse team for admonishing them for supporting the former coach and not understanding about sexual assault on campuses (John, why do you think they are Duke? They are not dolts).

My uncle is a Duke grad and he called me and said that he expected the charges to be dropped because Nifong screwed it up so royally, the school and the community are embarassed as hell.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

ABC has been reporting it for a few hours now. BTW, Whitlock was right. I know he loves hearing that.

Also, what does Jesse Jackson do with the stripper's scholarship?

Will there be an apology? And if so, where will it rank in relation to Don Imus, Michael Richards, and Tim Hardaway?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Right behind Tawana Brawley....

5. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

There may be an apology from the school but certainly not from the prosecutor's office.

6. Hell. To. Pay.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The LAXers civil suit against the prosecutor should be interesting...

8. Flying Headbutt

I wonder if they'll seek to rename the state of North Carolina, "Duke."

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I don't expect the WWL to apologize either. In more ways than one, they had them guilty before the investigation started.

Headbutt, I don't think I want to see a Governor K running the state. Vitale would be his Karl Rove!

10. Flying Headbutt

I worded that badly. I meant, will they sue the pants off the state, to the point that they own it, can turn the governor's mansion into their own frat house, etc.?

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

F Nifong. He has to go.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

My advice to the governor is start drinking heavily.

He'd better listen to me. I'm pre-med.

Draft saved Draft deleted