1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dude (Looks Like A Grandma)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I thought Audrey Hepburn was dead. Guess not. Loved her charitable work and loved her in Charade.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

The reason Steven Tyler produced gorgeous daughters is because he pulled gorgeous women, and he did that because he's a rock star.

I have three sons, and all three of them have musical talent. I've preached to them that they should keep at it, because people like Steven Tyler and Lemmy Kilmister are the ultimate proof that even the ugliest motherfuckers in the world, as long as they're musicians, can regularly score with babes.

3. Bubbler

Words to live by. I'm going to tell my boy the same, Double J.

As for Tyler, you know you've reached some sort of Keith Richards-like nirvana of rock excess when you can be described in a news story as "cadaverous".

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I don't think Steven Tyler, at least Tyler of at least 15 years ago, is anything approaching ugly. He's not Brad Pitt, but he was once attractive.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Aerosmith hasn't been relevant in a serious rock discussion in 15 years? Try 30.

The band's first three albums were great, great blues rock, but they started to suck after Toys in the Attic and they perfected that on every album they've done since the late '70s.

6. Bubbler

I'll agree that their glory days are 30 years past, but Rocks is one the best hard-rock albums of all-time, and that was post-Toys In The Attic. From there, the drugs set in, and Draw The Line began their demise.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I've gotta say the thread title is fucking genius.

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I have some late '70s Aerosmith live concert bootlegs which prove otherwise.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Aerosmith were probably the first hard-rock act I got into, and "Toys In The Attic" and "Rocks" were (and still are) kickass albums and "Draw the Line" and "Live! Bootleg" were good too. Then, as Bubbler said before, the drugs took over.

I had always thought the band went on hiatus from 1980-86 while Joe Perry was away. No, they just sucked so bad they fell off the earth.

Steven and Joe have Run-DMC to thank for their comeback as much as getting clean.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

This.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I still stand by my contention that Pump was a really, really good album, the social consciousness suck of "Janie's Got A Gun" excepted. Otherwise, it didn't miss at all. "Young Lust," "F.I.N.E." and "Monkey On My Back"--awesome. And the original video for "What It Takes," with the guys in the studio, is one of my favorite videos ever.

Since then though? Not...not so good, though being 19 in the summer of 1993 means I have some fond memories of the Get A Grip singles in spite of myself.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I, too, have a ton of great memories from "Get A Grip." Love that album.

Draft saved Draft deleted