1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dude climbs tower 1,700 feet in the air

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Damn, I go to NHL games and think all the time of swan-diving over the boards and slew-footing Chris Pronger. Glad I'm not alone.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Just make sure you're not wearing your red socks.

3. T2

T2 Member

I've imagined driving on a two-lane road, going temporarily insane for just a second, and swerving into the oncoming lane for a head-on collision. Luckily my sanity hasn't shown any propensity for such glitches, at least not yet.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but if I fuck up Junior Olympic track agate, I'll still get home at night and wake up the next day.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

So I am not the only one?!?!? I am constantly thinking that when I see cops. "How hard would it be to get the gun out of holster before he stopped me?" I wouldn't call it an urge, just a thought, but it's odd, because I have never fired a gun, have no desire to, and don't get people who are all gung ho about them.

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I'm not overly gung-ho about them. I've never hunted, never shot anything other than a paper or clay target. I'll never own a gun. But I have fired hand guns, shot guns and rifles, mostly thanks to my experience in Boy Scouts.

Doing it well is a skill, just like anything else. And it's a badass feeling the first time you drill the aluminum can or turn a clay pigeon to dust -- especially if you use a pump-action shotgun.

But I digress. I too have thought about yanking the gun out of an officer's holster. I think most of them anymore have a leather strap that goes over the top of the gun, so if you wanted to test your luck you better be sure to unsnap that first.

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

How do they not get blown off with a big gust?

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'm sure their company has wind limitations. For example, no one climbs above XXX feet when winds are above XX knots.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

That makes sense, but can't a gust just kinda pop up?

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Still creeps me out thinking about it. I'm not much for Youtube comments, but there's one in response to the line about there not being a quick way down if a storm blows in "Oh, yes there is."

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

When Grand Theft Auto III first came out, I swore one of my buddies loved that game so much, I was expecting him to go on a rampage in his car at some point.

Draft saved Draft deleted