1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drunk Jerry Jones rips Parcells, Tebow

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Apr 14, 2010.

1. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Citizen journalism at its finest! ::)

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

unless there's proof, this kind of crap is is pure douchbaggery, too.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I find it ironic, as Cowherd pointed out, to which I have to agree with, is that without the "citizen journalist" or the guy who just happen to see something big take place in front of him, we would have not known that Rodney King got beaten up, Sully Sullenberger landing the U.S. Airways plane on the Hudson, and the planes crashing into WTC, and others.

I have more of an issue with calling "citizen journalists" a bunch of douchebags and TMZ wannabes. Not all of them are.

A considerable number of them just happen to be where something major is taking place, and in order to record it and have it as proof, they'll going to pull out their phones and record it or take photos of it happening. The Vegas courthouse shooting is a good example. The guy who recorded it isn't some asshole looking to bait anyone. He was walking out of there and gunfire happened.

He pulls out his phone and captures all of it. It's not just for showing the world on YouTube or CNN, as law enforcement can see it as a bonus tool if they need it to nail a guy, more information, etc.

I have yet to see any proof from anyone that the local yokel who got Jones on his phone rambling drunk is from TMZ.

In conclusion, that's on Jerry. Easiest thing he could have said, drunk or not, is no comment, or bullshit with them and give them nothing that he wouldn't want to be broadcast. Public figures should know by now that anything that comes out of their mouth around people they don't know will be made public.

The sumbitch could have smiled and asked "Are you Cowboys fans?"

I saw nothing important in what he said, only what we inferred from the get-go: Jerry needed Parcells to help sell PSLs for the new crib, bank enough money to build said crib, if Parcells would have made Romo the starter and not Bledsoe, the Cowboys would be in a better spot.

And Tim Tebow wouldn't be drafted by Jerry because Urban Meyer didn't develop Tebow very well by using that bullshit junk offense to get by with freaky talent.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Just a guess here, but I'm thinking we probably would have figured out planes crashed into the twin towers without camera phones or amateur video.

Draft saved Draft deleted