1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drugs or something else? Need help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Dec 29, 2006.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

A friend of the family has been discovered leaving her cigarettes around the house without the filter.
    It's pretty obvious she's using the filters for something else, and my only thoughts are that she's using them to take the edge off something else she's smoking beside tobacco. I've seen people roll the tobacco out of a cig and put in the sticky, but have never really seen the filter been used in another aspect.
    Ideas? Girl needs some serious help, but she won't fess up to what she's doing now (in the past, she's been busted with just about everything).
    Thanks in advance.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

It sounds like some sort of homemade drug deal, which is becoming more common. Sometimes, cigarette filters are used as, obviously, a filtration device to get the goods out of it.

Good luck.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Well ... I seem to remember nights when we uh, people I know, yeah, people I know, would roll up a $100 real tight and slot it into a filterless filter, then take said device and ... and ... well, think 8-balls aplenty.

Not that I would know anything about that sort of recreational behavior ...

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

My guess is that whatever she's doing was burning her lungs a bit too much. My drug experience was pretty limited, so I'm no expert.

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Don't know much about it, but maybe these two links can help you out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheel_filter

http://www.halfbakery.com/idea/Replaceable_20Crack_20Pipe_20Filter

Draft saved Draft deleted