1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drudge ethics question

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markvid

markvid Guest

Ok, as usual, fedora boy takes time away from the young male crowd to BREAK THE STORY THAT PRINCE HARRY IS IN AFGHANISTAN!

Well, as usual, fedora fucker doesn't tell you the WHOLE story. Everyone in the British media has known for months but weren't supposed to tell.
    Of course, rules don't apply to Drudge because he has no one to answer to.
    Get it wrong? Just hit delete, never happened.

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/world/snowmail+prince+harry+in+afghanistan/1674847

2. He has none.
    Next question.
    The First Amendment guy in me says that the British people have a right to know if the third-in-line to the throne is in harm's way, which apparently this guy is. (Infantry recon? In Afghanistan? Yoikes.) But Closet Case better hope nothing happens to the guy, or his fedora's going to the Tower.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

James Bond vs. Matt Drudge

I'd pay to see that. Even if the villain lasted only three minutes.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Bingo. Give Harry credit for pretending he's just a typical British citizen, and a big fuck you to Drudge for telling the Taliban they just got a nice big target.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Shame on the British media

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Can we give our enemies enough credit that they probably don't have to read The Drudge Report to find out what's going on in the world? Get real.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

How would they know he's there?

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's a great story -- on its own merits. The embarassment thrown at the other golden children who have other priorities is a bonus.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

That didn't need to be told until after his tour was over, it's not for Drudge to leave the gay bar long enough to decide what is news and what isn't.

10. Different media culture, Boom.
    Can't judge them by our standards.
    And HH, could you pick out Prince Harry in a lineup? I couldn't. I doubt the Afghans could. But printing that he was there, and his unit, and what he was doing is a bit too big a hint for me, to say nothing of the fact that his unit probably has to deal with local tribesmen whose loyalties are, shall we say, on offer.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Dick Cheney should feel shame, today -- if he has any sense of shame whatsoever, which is highly debatable.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

[​IMG]

Just so Fen can pick him out of a lineup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.