1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Droid Incredible?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

But it was rooted a day after its release. So no more Bing and VZW locks. Yes !

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Well, went to the Verizon store today and played with the Droid 2 (and a Pre - screen too small, so's the keyboard).

I think I'm going with the Droid 2. The sales guy pointed out some of the features on the Incredible (larger screen, 8 mp camera, HMDI), but when I told him where I live, he said go with the Droid 2, the reception is much better on that for my area.

Any more thoughts on the Droid before I close my eyes and jump? (Suddenly I'm so reluctant to give up my Curve.)

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The salesman was full of crap. As both phones are on Verizon, he couldn't tell what phone would be better in your area.

4. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

The Droid 2 has motoblur and I just keep hearing lots of complaints from phone snobs. I just pulled out my old Blackberry 8830 world edition and remembered how good the phone was. If you're looking for just quick and easy ways to use Facebook and Twitter. Notifications come in like texts and fast. I still say the Blackberry is the best for getting your emails quickly.

Not sure if Blackberry has an NFL/Yahoo/ESPN app for fantasy football. But the Bold (9650) for Verizon has WiFi and the browser is apparently better.

5. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I've got a Pre and I like it fine. I've only had very minimal problems with the tiny keyboard.

6. patchs

patchs Active Member

Like any phone, you need to use the keyboard a couple of days to get used to it.
    Unless you have Herman Munster hands, the Pre's keyboard is OK.
    Hope you go precentral.net, Rusty, for Pre info and great forums.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I don't know yet. I'm learning how to use the camera, and voice recording apps on it. I've gone to my twitter app more times than I have watching games on this phone!

8. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you, Stitch.

I live in "no man's land" as far as cell service goes. We're all on Verizon (on the same account) in our house, but all have different brand phones. My Blackberry is the worst, my calls drop more than not. (Which is one reason we still have a landline.) Hubby has the newest phone (an LG), he seems to rarely have dropped calls.

Sometimes my phone will show four bars out of six, sometimes I get the dreaded "X" for no service.

The Droid 2 is Motorola, the Incredible is made by HTC. Motorola phones (which my daughter has one right now and never has dropped calls) have always had the best reception where I live - and I've had a cell phone for 13 plus years now.

It's just one of the things you get used to living out in the back woods - and I'm fine with that.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yep. My parents live out in the middle of nowhere. They have been told that Samsung and some other brand are the only ones that will get service there. I have Motorola, and I can only send texts if I stand next to the window and hold my phone up high. Don't even TRY talking on the phone unless you're standing at the highest point of the driveway.

10. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I wish I could rename this thread: I have a Droid, now what!?

Got my Droid 2 today. Downloaded the Task Killer before I even left the store, but it seems like there's too much stuff running in the background.

Also, can I delete the Gmail? I don't use it. And what's up with the Google ads??

I haven't tweaked it to my liking yet, but I'm sure once I have, I will love this phone. I'm already in major like.

11. NDub

NDub Guest

Keep us updated, Rosie. This thread helps me because I'm still in the looking process.

Has anyone bought a phone at Amazon Wireless? Their prices are much less expensive.

12. patchs

patchs Active Member

It' a Google phone. Do you think Google would create a phone that didn't worship at its own altar?
    Android is a slave to Google.

Draft saved Draft deleted