1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Driver shot and killed after hitting and killing toddler

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 14, 2015.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

This is the only thing I spank my son for doing. We live in a cul de sac a couple hundred feet from the main road, but he's still not to set one foot off the driveway without holding a parent's hand.

I don't trust a single one of the jerkoff drivers who live in this area to be deferential to or even acknowledge pedestrians.

I can only imagine the irrationality with which I'd react if I watched this go down. Just horrible all the way around.

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Fuck I hate guns.

HC likes this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Last night I asked my 5-year-old what one law he would make if he were president. (His understanding of civics is not exactly advanced."

"I would make guns illegal."

I told him that you can't do that because of the Constitution. I just told him it was because of hunting. The idea of explaining that we needed to arm a well-regulated citizen militia just seemed too preposterous to attempt. I have better luck explaining the Easter Bunny.

4. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Yeah, I hate guns. If you feel the need to own one, put it in a place where you need a combination to get it.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

My wife grew up in the country, and her childhood home is right on a busy two-lane state highway. Lots of family pets have gotten loose and met their demise at the hands of 18-wheelers there. She still remembers the time she wandered within a few feet of the road and her mama went all Adrian Peterson on her ass.
    She never got that close to the road again.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Am I the only one thinking about Pet Sematary right now?

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

My grandmother never hit me except one time when she slapped me upside the head for leaning what she thought was too far out of her apartment window. I didn't cry, but I told my mom about it later.

My mom then said that my grandmother rarely spanked when she and her siblings were kids, unless it was a major thing. She would tell the kid she was spanking, "better you should cry than I should cry." As in, better to be crying over a spanking, rather than something tragic.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That story is also nutty, in that Gotti and the guy were neighbors and the kid had gone to sleepovers at the guy's house with his kids.

Supposedly, Gotti didn't want to take revenge, but his wife pushed him to do it., supposedly because the neighbor hadn't gotten rid of the car and she was looking at it every day. The guy was finding his car vandalized and death threats were being sent. The guy told the cops, who told him that he better move far away. Instead, for whatever reason, the guy didn't and eventually disappeared from a shopping mall

Why the guy didn't move, or at least, carry around a few guns for defense, is beyond me.

Draft saved Draft deleted