1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drive (TV series on Fox)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Apr 14, 2007.

1. ChrisLittmann

ChrisLittmann Member

The sequence at the end when he was zipping in and out of cars...that looked so bad. I think I saw a string suspending the car and moving it in and out of traffic. I decided to give it a chance tonight. If the ratings are bad for this week's ep, it will meet a quick goodbye from my DVR.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Cars with orangutans and Tony Danza in them = riveting television
    Cars with no orangutans and no Tony Danza in them = utter dreck
    Cars with orangutans, Tony Danza and a cameo by newly unemployed Joe Theismann? = priceless

[​IMG]

I think my favorite thing about the movie poster for Cannonball Run II? Richard "Jaws from the Bond movies" Kiel gets poster billing over Danza, while Captain Chaos is far more prominently featured than Frank "I'm slumming like I've never slummed before or after" Sinatra.

[​IMG]

3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Not sure anyone else is watching this but me :), however I enjoyed the second (well, third technically I guess) episode (Monday's) more than the ones they showed Sunday.

4. lantaur

Well, one less show to have in the ol' TiVo season pass. Drive got the axe.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117963779.html?categoryid=14&cs=1&nid=2565

5. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Dammit, I knew as soon as this thread got bumped that it would have been cancelled. Figures. I enjoyed it - but it looks like we were the only two, lantaur.

This is why I don't watch TV not on sports channels anymore.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Good lord, there are some quick trigger fingers nowadays. I didn't see any episodes, but shouldn't a show get a little bit more than three episodes?

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

I guess I jinxed it before it ever even aired stateside. Shit.

I swear, network TV bites the wienie. With relish.

8. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

damnit. that's bullshit. I was digging that show, and it's already over. new shows never have a chance.

9. lantaur

I think I'm 1-for-5 on new shows this year:
    Most Likely Gone: Studio 60 (no big loss really after all is said and done); The Nine (haven't seen any official word, but has to be finished); Knights of Prosperity (funny f'ing show, too)
    Gone: Drive
    Saved: 30 Rock - the one show I wasn't even sure I was going to watch after it got a few bad reviews before the season started. Go figure.

10. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Yeah, I was a fan of a lot of those too. Especially liked The Nine and Drive. Also liked Daybreak, which I was at least able to watch the rest of the season online.
    I'm done trying new shows. they'll just be cancelled in a week or so anyway.

11. lantaur

They are burning off the remaining shows for Drive online (not sure who would want to watch it since nothing is resolved). The creators give a little more insight (although not who would have won) in this article:

http://www.drivefans.com/interviews/tim_minear/the_post-drive_wrap-up_interview/

Draft saved Draft deleted