1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DRINKS on a plane!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

so much for smoking in the vegas airport it was banned in december leaving salt lake as the only one i know of.

2. If i'm flying alone (which happens a lot), i tend to drink (usually 2-3 gin and tonics depending on the duration of the flight). It might sound bad, but i honestly enjoy drinking alone on planes--gives me time to think, etc. If i'm flying for personal reasons and i'm with my wife, I usually spend the time talking to her and usually don't drink at all.

If you don't fly a lot and are nervous about it, i would say that you should try to get over your fear without the help of alcohol. The best way to overcome a fear of flying is to just get it over with and realize everything you feel up there is normal. my 2 cents...

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Oh, I wasn't trying to overcome my fear of flying with alcohol, I was just curious as to what it is like to drink on a plane. For no apparent reason I have not been afraid of flying my last two trips. Yesterday went smoothly. I think it is just realizing you have no control anyway, so you might as well sit back and relax.
    I did have a couple of beers on the flight from Vegas to Seattle and it was the weirdest thing, because I felt pretty drunk from only 2 beers while we were in the air and when we landed I felt fine. Must have been the altitude.
    Plus, my stewardess rocked, because she bought the first round.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I don't drink on planes because it heightens my desire to smoke.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Good point. I became mildly crazy when everyone was taking their sweet ass time to get off the plane and I knew a cigarrette was so close.

6. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i'm flying to tokyo in august. i'm thankful my brother, a frequent business traveler, got me about a dozen free drink coupons on united.

Draft saved Draft deleted