1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DRINKS on a plane!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I will admit, my entire life until recently I have been terrified to fly. I would get on planes and sit there and not do anything except grip the seat handles and wish the ride was over.
    The last time I flew, however, it didn't faze me at all.
    Now, with a couple of decently long flights and long layovers ahead of me flying from Texas to Seattle, I am wondering if maybe I should go one step farther and have a couple of drinks either in an airport or on the flight.

I am sure it seems like a lame question, but drinking on a plane has never crossed my mind because I have been too afraid of throwing up.
    So, what is drinking on a plane like and does it make the trip go by faster? Or, will it just make me want to smoke even more?

2. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

If you do drink before or during the flight, make sure you don't mix it with anything.

I was flying to London last year and a guy passed out in the aisle after downing a few drinks and a couple of Ny-Quil capsules. It took the flight attendants about 10 minutes to get him to come to.

Of course, after that, they moved him up to first class to recover.

So in other words, um, nevermind.

3. I have no fear of flying. I will fight for the window seat because I loooooooooove looking out the window during takeoff. I find that drinking makes the rest of the flight bearable. You get your little bottle of hooch so you have no worries about your drink being watered down (unless you want it to be). Keep this is mind: you will have to walk off the plane at some point. Back in my "rock star" days I had to be helped off a few planes. That is something that people will not hesitate to bring up at any moment. Trust me on this.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Hmm, so I could get bumped to first class?
    Since I am flying Southwest, I think they would just kick me and make me eat some peanuts.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

My legs are too long to be in the aisle, because then I try to sprawl out into the aisle and the goddamn drink cart hits your legs and knees and whatnot. As much as I hate flying, I always want the window seat just so I can see what the hell is going on.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Bastard.

7. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

They might just strap you to a wing.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The only good part about the flying with Southwest is I have a layover in Las Vegas both ways. That means I can waste money on slot machines and smoke in their airport. Good times.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I appreciate your concern, but this will only be the second time I have ever "been" to Vegas (read, to the airport, never the city) so I will take what I can get. Plus, the only places to smoke are where the slot machines are, so I figure I might as well pump some quarters into them.

10. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

McCarran makes me want to throw up.

It's the worst combination of what Vegas offers. Lousy food, tight slots and then you get to wait for your flight.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Try West Texas and then say that, my friend.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted