1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drinking question...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Nov 8, 2006.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Useless. Without. Pictures. ;D

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

15-20 friends went out with me for birthday drinking last week. We alternated beer with jager shots, and when the bar ran out of jager we got into the vodka.

Five hours into it, we were drawing up plans to invade and annex a neighboring county.

Instead, we cabbed en masse to an IHOP, where the manager looked at our group and said (and I quote), "I don't fucking think so."

We sat in the parking lot for 20 minutes, debating whether to go back in and start trouble (end result: Trip in Paddy Wagon) or just call it a night (end result: really bad hangover, but at least it's not in a jail cell).

We opted to call it a night. What a bunch of pussies we are.

3. Jones

Jones Active Member

Seriously, dude. You needed to storm that IHOP like it was the Bastille.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Try a "Guinnesso" ... a pint of Guinness with a shot of espresso dropped to the bottom.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why would you ruin a perfect pint with espresso?

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that sounds gross.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I wondered the same thing when I had my interview here. It was at a pub and the Editor, to play a joke on me, told the bartender to do one up for me. I paid the consequences a few hours later. But I got the job, so I had that going for me.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I was once barred from an entire country a long time ago. A group of friends (the mid-'70s kind who had no qualms about letting their friends drive drunk and, in fact, thought it quite amusing to do so) rampaged through western New York, from Syracuse to Niagra Falls in a beat-up Covair, and arrived before dawn only to be told by the Canadian border patrol agent that we wouldn't be allowed in because "nothing good would come from it." He told us his shift was due to end in another hour. however, and suggested a diner where we could drink some coffee before trying again later.

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I love him telling you to try again later. God bless Canuckistan.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Wait, doing a nasty shot helped you get a job? So if I do a cement mixer shot, does that mean I'm good enough to work at the Plain Dealer?

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Ummm ... sure. Do the Cement Mixer. Make sure to swirl it around in your mouth, too. :D

12. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I prefer Irish Car Bombs, Guinness with a shot of Jameson dropped in.

Draft saved Draft deleted