1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drinking question...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Nov 8, 2006.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Alternate shots. After about an hour of this, get out your camera phone and send me pics of the results.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I've had one shot. I have to go get my laundry out of the complex's laundry room, so I haven't done a second yet.

Give me 20 minutes.

3. Toolbox

Toolbox Member

i've never had sambuca ... what's that stuff like anyway? and why stop at one?

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oh, I'm not stopping.

It tastes like licorice. But as I learned by accident, you HAVE to do shots from the freezer. Do NOT drink it when it's still completely liquid.

Mmmmm Sambuca.

Three down.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Sambuca
    It's an Italian, anise-flavored liqueur.
    Very sweet. Known to cause near-terminal hangovers when consumed in large quantities.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

We'll see tomorrow.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

P.S. What's a good rate of buca shots to feel good without passing out? I ate dinner around 7, haven't eaten since (obviously) and didn't lead in with beer. Just straight to shots.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh, pay the visit to Bucaville.... you'll love it..

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Dude, my alarm's going off in less than 6 1/2 hours. I have to fly at 11:15. I can NOT be passing out and not waking up at 7:15.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

On the other hand, if you keep going you'll either still be drunk or have a residual alcohol buzz... aint no better flyin than those....

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Fair enough. Not for me. I don't want it to be my first flight with airsickness.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm not wishing a hangover on you.
    I'm sure you'll be fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted