1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drew Magary is a bit of a grinch about Charlie Brown

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Dec 9, 2010.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Drew Magery is a fucking bitch, Charlie Brown.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Base on what we know about good old Chuck, don't think he would have knocked up Lucy in this scenario.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Schroeder lasted two seconds with Lucy in the pool house, Charlie Brown.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

As the guy who started the original Charlie Brown thread, this jack a.) makes me very happy and b.) laugh very hard.

You know what didn't make me laugh very hard? Snoopy Come Home. I bawled and bawled and bawled at that at 5 or 6, and I was too young to understand what was REALLY sad about the show. We were watching that in our living room and I was trying to keep it together when it looked like Snoopy wasn't going to go home. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and got up. I turned around and my Dad's all "Hey BYH where are you going?"

I started BAWLING. I mean, crying like I have rarely cried. I ran to my Dad, plopped my head on his shoulder and just cried and cried and cried. He's hugging me, telling me it's OK, it's just pretend, and either I cried for two hours or I tapped out just before the happy ending b/c he starts saying "Look! Snoopy is back with Charlie Brown! Look BYH! It ended happily! Snoopy is back with Charlie Brown!"

It was of little consolation. I was a blubbering wreck. The memories of that are still so vivid, there is no fucking way I'm watching that, 30-odd years later.

Charles Schulz was one depressed dude.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

OK I had to wiki it. Just the writeup bums me out. And this poster pisses me off.

[​IMG]

Look how happy Snoopy and Woodstock look, and the buoyant font for SNOOPY COME HOME! Buoyant my ass, that movie is epically depressing.

BYH is about to blubber like a little kid again, Charlie Brown

7. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

"It's time to get your prostate checked, Charlie Brown."

8. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

She was faking it all those years, Charlie Brown.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Peppermint Patti and Marcie Are Swimming in the Lady Pond, Charlie Brown

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Who is Clara on the poster? Is that a misprint? Looks a lot like Peppermint Patty to me.

11. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

That was her name before she figured out who she really was.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

"Let's Kick A Field Goal In The Metrodome, Charlie Brown!"

Oh shit!

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/NFL?vid=ca15cffb-3b66-49a0-84ca-20ed0a175567&from=foxsports/nfl/home_gallery

Draft saved Draft deleted