1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Dream" sports radio job in Pella, Iowa

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Stitch, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Have you always wanted to call a crappy high school game or be a shill for a small college down the road, you have your chance in Pella, Iowa. You can also check out the top-notch sports reporting on the radio station's website.

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1186575

Sports & Sales Opportunity
    We have a unique opportunity for you to turn your passion for sports and radio into a game winning combination.

We are in one of the most sought after communities in Iowa. Close to Des Moines, small town atmosphere, local college, Lake Red Rock, Knoxville Raceway, and many other attractions in the Pella, Iowa area.

We’re looking for the “triple threat” - Sports Announcer - Sales Person - Relationship Builder.

Sports Announcer: You can fulfill your passion for sports by doing live Play by Play. We cover Division III College, 3 local high schools, and a number of other area high school teams. Play by Play, Sports Stories, and Interviews for our numerous sports shows.

Sales Person: This is an existing territory. It will be your responsibility to service, sell, and grow existing accounts and build new accounts.

Relationship Builder: If you haven’t figured out by now that your sports and sales duties are built 100% on the foundation of relationships, you’re probably not a good fit for this position.

We are leaders in the community. We do local news and information (this includes sports) with a 1st class effort. We have proven sales systems and many successful advertisers. We have years of history with both our listeners and our advertisers. We have the formula for success. We have a great opportunity for you to earn more money in a business you’re passionate about.

You have the passion and desire for the broadcast business. You want to earn more money and even control some of your income. You know sports. You know play by play. You know the importance of relationships in sports and sales. You are organized and motivated. You have the ball in your court...

Contact General Sales Manager, John McGee at jmcgee@kniakrls.com

Check us out on the web at http://www.kniakrls.com and see what we do on the web and imagine how this translates to the radio, our community, and our advertisers.

We are an EOE.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

"Local college" has always been one of my favorite attractions ...

3. JJHHI

JJHHI Member

Unmentioned benefit: Any house you rent or buy there will have sweet windows.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Ah, the windows. Learn something new every day here.

5. valpo87

valpo87 Guest

If you like corn, you will like Iowa.

6. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I will say, when I lived in Iowa, Pella was one of my favorite towns to visit. Especially in spring when the tulips are up, it's a beautiful little town.

7. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

It sounds like my dream job for real. I love sports radio and I love to sell.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You can cover all 90 Korver's too.

Draft saved Draft deleted