1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drank any good beer lately?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Aug 10, 2008.

1. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Magic Hat No. 9 is getting wider distribution. Used to be available only in the northeast and NY, but I have found it lately in the Va/Md/Pa area and even farther west like Ind. & Ill..

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I prefer Magic Hat Circus Boy.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Turbodog and all of the Abita Brewing Company beers are good stuff. Just to be clear, though, the company is based in Abita Springs, which is a 22-mile drive across Lake Ponchartrain and another 10-15 miles away from New Orleans. So it's not based in New Orleans; it's on the Northshore.

But you can find the beer all over the region. In fact, I had my hands on some Abita Amber last night.

4. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

This is the correct response (for a broke journalist). I went to the liquor store the other day and they gave me a weird look when I asked for Keystone, but they had Natty Light behind them.

Keystone is the champagne of (cheap) beers!

5. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Give Keystone Ice a chance when and if you're feeling saucy. That shit will put a hump on a camel's back. Whoop. Whoop.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

You know Blue Moon's made by Coors, right?

7. The Granny

The Granny Guest

So is Keystone!!!! (OK, not really that excited about it.)

8. SportySpice

SportySpice Member

Did not know that. But I don't really care who makes the beer as long as it's cold, free and in front of me. ;D

9. SportySpice

SportySpice Member

When I have oranges in the house, I've done that. Also surprised that I enjoyed a Sammy Summer Ale with a lemon slice in it. Does that make me fruity?

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Nope. Have had good Bourbon, though.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm about to open my second Coors Light this dinner. I'm a fan.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

No fruit in beer.

Man law.

Draft saved Draft deleted