1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drank any good beer lately?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Aug 10, 2008.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The hot girl at the beer store recommended Dogfish Head IPA. Very good. A little too much hops.

I went to a friends house and she had some Stella Artois, I thought that was very good.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

No, but I'm brewing up one hell of a batch of toilet wine. Want some?

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Nope. I've given up drinking for a friend.

I'm taking a hiatus from it this week, though, as I wrap up my job.

4. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

"Skinny Dip" the summer seasonal from New Belgium Brewery (Fat Tire folks). It's about the only beer I drink when it's available.

5. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Keystone Light

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

That's good stuff, but it's almost too easy to drink for me. I had something like half a dozen on the Fourth of July because it's just so light. It's a good light, but still.

7. I had a Turbo Dog a few weeks ago for the first time. It's from a New Orleans-based company. Very, very good. A dark beer that tastes a whole lot lighter than it looks.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm partial to Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat (hi Football_Bat!) and Abita Purple Haze.

9. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Dragon's Milk and Existential from New Holland Brewery. Robert the Bruce from Three Floyds.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Turbo Dog is solid. I just had Blue Moon Summer the other night and Stella for the first time. Not bad at all.

11. SportySpice

SportySpice Member

I've been getting into Blue Moon and their summer beer, Honey Moon. Wife gives me crap about the name, and the description sounds like one of the billions of candles she brings into the house, but it's a pretty good beer with hints of honey and orange. Course, I'm still partial to Guinness otherwise.

12. Do you put the slice of orange in the Blue Moon? So good. That's my beer of the moment.

Draft saved Draft deleted