1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dr. Z's Commentator Rankings...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by nafselon, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

2. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Missed this . . . link? . . . sorry . . .

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Page 2 of Dr. Z's commentator rankings.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

If he's right, he's right . . .

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

I can't stand Raissman's hackenyed lingo. Moo-la-di, moles at HQ, dude and dweeb of the week. It was old 20 years ago, Bob. But hey you look like a walrus so it's OK.

8. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I'm not at all a fan of Gumble but I think he was grouping the entire NFL Network group together and while Gumble is a big anchor, there's a lot of goodness at the other areas.

Meanwhile Joe Buck is absolute garbage on an NFL game. If Troy Aikman wasn't such a passive aggressive color man things would be slightly better, but they miss Collingsworth, who would at least keep Buck from talking so much and not saying anything.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Agree . . . to get away with that, you have to be really, really clever . . . and I don't believe "really clever" is in the job description for that slot . . .

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Buck critics are totally full of shit.

12. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

I'd love to comment on an NFL Network game, if my damn cable service would offer it.

/Still waiting for hell to freeze over and Time Warner to get Big Ten Network, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted