1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Downsizing, kind of, car-wise

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Jan 23, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I have no idea who they're made by. I just know there's less leg room than in one of those kids electric cars.

[​IMG]

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The resale value of the Toyotas are amazing. Was in an accident last year where my '02 Corolla with about 70k miles on it was totalled. Got $10k for it from the insurance company.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Had to have a tire replaced at less than 60 miles. Inadvertently running over some kind of nail/tack that makes the tire go flat will do that. Then having it made worse by the dealer tell you that its in a spot on the sidewall where they can't repair it and because new car tires don't come with roadside hazard protection you have to pay $100 for a new tire.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Suzuki's version of the Geo (and later Chevy) Metro was the Swift. Friend of mine from high school had one and it wasn't a bad little car, except when he hit a dog. The dog walked limped away, the car limped to school.

I had a 99 Chevy Metro at one time. It was the 1.0 L 3-cyl. (glorified lawn mower). It was a good car, reliable, but it was a death trap. I totaled it. Pulled out of a drive way and a full size van, going probably 25 mph, nailed the front of it. Made me wonder how bad it would have been if I had been doing even 20, let alone 40-45.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No, the Aveo pretty much replaced the Suzuki Swift-based Chevy/Geo Metro in Chevy's lineup. It used to be a Daewoo (specifically, the underwhelming Daewoo Kalos and before that, the even-more-underwhelming Daewoo Lanos) before Daewoo's automotive division tanked.

6. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Such as, moving to a city. Someday I'll live where the nearest hospital/movie theater/fast-food restaurant isn't a 40-mile round trip into the next county...

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

As I said, I had GM cash from my credit card rebates that I had to use or lose, and the employee pricing frenzy was at its peak. Including an extended warranty, it barely broke $10k. My POS was about to keel over.

Draft saved Draft deleted