1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Downloading Music

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

If anybody's having trouble that way, here's another way to do it.

Go here: http://www.mininova.org/search/limewire+pro/7/seeds, and download the torrent.

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I see what you mean, Buck. They might have changed it since when I did it awhile ago. You might try the other way I posted.

3. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Can I sell your work and make money? Are you ok with that?

I pay for what I download.

Go ahead, make the funny...

Edit: Meant for all, not any individual.

4. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Yeah, I have a couple takes on that.

I have one friend who claims she pays the band/musician/artists she digs when she goes to their live shows and that goes more to the musicians than purchasing a CD anyway.
    Then in my opinion,
    I think if artists with decent followings were smart they'd copy the Radiohead formula and post their music on their website, maybe not for free, but for a small fee.
    They'd undoubtedly do much better without having to pay for all the shipping and production costs you have to put up to put out a physical album, especially when most people these days download music over buying a physical CD instead.
    The music industry can cry all they want but until change to reflect the times they're crying to deaf ears as far as I'm concerned.

5. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

If I make a product, any product, and release it to the public for free, that's fair game. Anyone can have it for free. No problem.

If I make a product for profit and retain all legal rights for all use and/or resale it I should be paid.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

This is the same thing as the ringtones thread.

This thread wasn't created for the purpose of people telling us we're wrong. So start another thread about what's wrong about downloading without paying.

7. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

I don't come here looking for pissing matches.

You expressed an opinion, which is your right, and I did, too.

Didn't read the other thread so I don't know what that's about.

8. I use iTunes and emusic. iTunes for more of the major label material, but I find myself gravitating more and more toward emusic. I get 75 downloads a month and can up the number by paying a little extra if I feel the need. Its all DRM-free which means I can download it, put it in the iPod, copy it and put it on my laptop I use for work or download it again on a friend's PC so they can hear a song or album if they desire.

Selection is pretty good but its not major label, but I've been happy because they have Drive-By Truckers, Ivy, Sia, Dead Kennedys, Fugazi, John Coltrane so much more.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I assumed eMusic's indie selection was mainly unknown, unsigned artists ... then I opened an account.

Wow. With a few exceptions, it's got everything I'm looking for. If you enjoy this kind of music, you can't beat this.

Draft saved Draft deleted